Kids 'n Fishing Photo Contest
In celebration of National Fishing Week
Picture the excitement!
It certainly isn't hard to "picture it," kids 'n fishing that is — smiles, laughs, looks of anticipation and excitement. So, join in on the fun, catch the excitement of your child on film while fishing and enter his or her picture in the annual Kids 'n Fishing Photo Contest sponsored by Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries, Green Top Sporting Goods, and Shakespeare Tackle Company… celebrate National Fishing Week!
The winning pictures are those that best capture the theme "kids enjoying fishing." Children in the first through third place photographs of each category will receive a variety of fishing-related prizes. Winning pictures will also be posted on the VDGIF website and may be used in a variety of VDGIF publications. There is no need to be a professional photographer. Any snapshot will do.
Each winner receives a rod and reel fishing combo from Shakespeare and a lure and tackle assortment courtesy of Green Top Sporting Goods!
- Children in the photographs must fall into one of the following age categories when the picture is taken: 1-5, 6-10
- Photos must not be more than 1 year old
- Photos must be taken in Virginia
- Children in a boat must be wearing a life jacket, properly buckled or zipped
- Only one photo submission per child
- Submit photo on photograph quality paper, no CD's accepted
- Photo must not exceed 4"×6" size
- Please attach a piece of paper to the back of the photo including: name, age, address, phone number and location where the photograph was taken
- A Photo Contest Release Form (PDF) must be submitted along with the photograph
- Photos must be postmarked on or before September 7, 2013 (the deadline has been extended to include the entire summer!)
- Judging will take place in September and winners will be posted on the VDGIF website
- Prizes will be sent directly to the winning children
- This contest is not open to VDGIF employees' and sponsors' immediate family. Immediate family members are defined as children, siblings or others residing in the same household with a VDGIF or sponsor employee.