Buy Licenses & Access PermitsBuy Online Now
(Monday–Friday, during business hours, except holidays)
Choose from hundreds of license agents
located around the Commonwealth.
Open the door to a lifetime of enjoyment in the great outdoors of Virginia with a lifetime freshwater fishing, hunting, or trout license!
License & Access Permit Fees and Requirements
- Do I Need a Freshwater or Saltwater Fishing License?
- What Hunting License Do I Need?
- Get a Harvest Information Program (HIP) Registration Number
- Do I Need an Access Permit?
Special Licenses for Disabled Military Personnel & Veterans
Saltwater Fisherman Identification Program (FIP) Requires Angler Registration
The Virginia Marine Resources Commission (VMRC) has implemented a free state saltwater angler identification program. Purchasers of annual Virginia saltwater fishing licenses do NOT have to register. The Virginia Fisherman Identification Program (FIP) will require unlicensed saltwater anglers aged 16 and older to register and receive an identification number annually. Adult anglers who fish for anadromous or marine species in freshwater must also register. There is no cost for registration. Online registration is available on VMRC’s website. For more information, visit VMRC’s website or contact VMRC at (757) 247-2200.
- Annual Sales Figures for Virginia Fishing and Hunting Licenses, by Locality and Statewide (Fiscal Years 2010–2015)