Applying for an internship position at the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries (DGIF) is easy. Students interested in applying should become acquainted with the mission and work of the agency. Follow the simple steps below to submit your application:
- Review open positions by visiting our Available Internships page
- Submit an online application available at the bottom of the Available Internships page
- Submit a current resume
- Submit a copy of the current transcript (Official or unofficial)
- Submit a statement from faculty advisor or professor if completing internship for academic credit
- Submit to criminal history and background checks
Once you submit your online application form and other required documentation, this information is forwarded to the manager/division posting the internship. The manager will contact you directly to discuss additional details if he/she is interested in interviewing and/or placing you in the position.
- Placements are open to college students needing internship credit towards an undergraduate or graduate degree
- The Department of Game and Inland Fisheries requires a completed Institutional Partnership Agreement Form with all schools and/or programs before student can begin their internship with our agency. Please view the list of colleges to see if your school/program is listed. If not, please contact the DGIF Volunteer Administrator to request creation of a partnership.