Virginia Angler Recognition Program (VARP)
On the average, Virginia anglers measure up over 6,000 trophy-size freshwater fish annually. Their accomplishments are recognized by the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries through the Virginia Angler Recognition Program (VARP). Since 1963, when the program began, over 250,000 trophy fish awards have been issued.
Submit Angler Recognition Applications Online!
You can now submit your angler recognition applications through your Go Outdoors Virginia customer profile! Simply log into your account and click on the “Add Catch” tile. Enter the details of your catch and checkout — it’s that easy!Submit Angler Recognition Application Online
- The angler recognition program is now only accepting online applications. Processing of mailed in applications may take up to 30 days until further notice.
- More Information on 2020 Updates to the Angler Recognition Program
- Trophy Fish Size Chart
- Online Freshwater Tropy Fish Award Application
- How to Certify or Calibrate Personal Scales
- How to Certify a Trophy-size Freshwater Fish
- Freshwater Fish Citations
- Anglers of the Month & Year Lists
- Replacement Awards
- Becoming a Freshwater Trophy Fish Weigh Station
- Frequently Asked Questions about the VARP
- Trophy Freshwater Fish Awards
- Master Angler Awards
- Expert Angler Awards
- Angler of the Month and Year Awards