Equipment Maintenance and Repair Volunteer
This volunteer assists VDGIF staff with routine care and maintenance of cars, boats, tractors, and other equipment, to maintain operational readiness for management efforts, patrols, and emergency operations.
- Provides maintenance (cars, trucks, SUV's, watercraft, tractors, lawn care equipment, and other) appropriate to skill level and experience
- Washes and details patrol vehicles and other agency vehicles
- Maintains logs of preventative maintenance activities completed or referred for service
- Coordinates with VDGIF staff to order supplies and parts necessary for completion of duties
- Makes recommendations to VDGIF staff on maintenance, repair, and equipment needs
- General knowledge of and prior professional experience and/or training in preventative maintenance for vehicles, boats, and/or other equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with VDGIF staff about vehicle and equipment maintenance and repair needs
- On the Job Training
- Experience and prior certifications may substitute for training
- Advanced—as determined by responsibilities undertaken
This position requires regular, on-going volunteer service. It can be performed at mutually agreed to times, as coordinated with VDGIF staff.