Outdoor Report Archive
- 01/09/13 Edition- Features Include: The Redhead artwork by Spike Knuth, 2013 Freshwater Fishing in Virginia, Outdoor Writers Sponsor Annual Collegiate Undergraduate Writing Competition, Wheelin' Sportsmen Help Manage Deer at the Matthews State Forest, and much more!
- 01/23/13 Edition- Features Include: Clinch Sculpin artwork by Spike Knuth, Lots of "Wild Events" Scheduled for Outdoor Enthusiasts, Wheelin' Sportsmen Swan Hunt Provides Memories For Sight Impaired Hunter, Southside Virginia Quail Hunt, and much more!
- 02/13/13 Edition- Features Include: Red crossbill artwork by Spike Knuth, Webpage Developed to Update Virginia Wild Turkey Management Plan, Quail Restoration Efforts Continue Strong as Quail Supporters Rally After Quail Unlimited Closes, VDOF and VDGIF Announce New Forestry Cost-Share Partnership, and much more!
- 02/27/13 Edition- Features Include: Snowshoe Hare artwork by Spike Knuth, Deer, Bear, Turkey Harvest Data for 2012-13, Rabbit Hunt Provides Fun Day Afield for Good Friends, Critter Corner by Marlene A. Condon - Virginia Opossum, and much more!
- 03/13/13 Edition- Features Include: American Oystercatcher artwork by Spike Knuth, Biologists and Landowners Recognized for Outstanding Conservation Partnerships by SWCD, Webpage Developed to Update Virginia Wild Turkey Management Plan, The Virginia Quail Team is on Facebook, and much more!
- 03/27/13 Edition- Features Include: Barn Owl artwork by Spike Knuth, Spring Gobbler Season Forecast Bright, NASP State Tournament Features 500 Student Archery Competitors, Conservation Police Association Hosts Youth Bird Hunt in Franklin County, and much more!
- 04/10/13 Edition- Features Include: Sharphead Darter artwork by Spike Knuth, Becoming Bear Aware, Ed's Virginia Outdoor Blog Report, Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing Recognizes Outstanding Participants and Volunteers, and much more!
- 04/24/13 Edition- Features Include: Dismal Swamp Southeastern Shrew artwork by Spike Knuth, Officer Dallas K. Neel Named Virginia Boating Law Enforcement Officer Of The Year, Spring Gobbler Harvest Surpasses Previous Years, Blackwater - Nottoway Clean Rivers Day Big Success, and much more!
- 05/08/13 Edition- Features Include: Hellbender article and artwork by Spike Knuth, Mason-Dixon Outdoor Writers Honor Shenandoah University Professor and Students, 7th Annual Project Healing Waters 2-Fly a Record Success, Wheelin' Sportsmen Have Spring Gobbler Success at New Kent, and much more!
- 05/22/13 Edition- Features Include: Eastern Box Turtle article and artwork by Spike Knuth, Record Spring Gobbler Harvest For 2013, Video Features Squirrel Skinning Quick and Easy and Panfish Preparation and Filleting, Elk Restoration Update, and much more!
- 06/12/13 Edition- Features Include: Cumberland Slider article and artwork by Spike Knuth, Second Group of Elk Released in Southwest Virginia, Second Supplemental Largemouth Bass Stockings Planned for Back Bay, Teens Excel in 2013 Virginia Hunter Education Challenge, and much more!
- 06/26/13 Edition- Features Include: The Dunlin article and artwork by Spike Knuth, Captain John M. Hutchens Receives National Law Enforcement Award, Trout in the Classroom Grows to Reach Students in Over 200 Classrooms, National Dove Hunter Survey Announced, and much more!
- 07/10/13 Edition- Features Include: Black Duck article and artwork by Spike Knuth, Dorita Adams Receives Governor's Award For Public Service, Monarch Decline... Alarming!, Public Invited to Comment on Draft Wild Turkey Management Plan, and much more!
- 07/24/13 Edition- Features Include: Black-crowned Night Heron article and artwork by Spike Knuth, Field & Stream Magazine Honors Jeff Turner For Local Conservation Work, Volunteers Go On Wild Goose Chase, Paddling Class Available Online, and much more!
- 08/14/13 Edition- Features Include: Prairie Warbler article and artwork by Spike Knuth, Crush'n Clays Event Raises Funds for St. Jude Children Hospital, Wounded Warrior Fishing Day Hosted by Conservation Police Officers on Crooked Creek, River Keeper Assists Students in River Research, and much more!
Want the latest outdoors-related news delivered to your inbox? Subscribe to the free Outdoor Report!