Chickahominy Lake - Regulations
- Regulations for anadromous (sea run) striped bass in the lake are the same as for striped bass in tidal waters.
- For information on Striped Bass regulations contact the Virginia Marine Resources Commission (VMRC) at 1-800-541-4646.
- Walker's Dam represents the fall line on the Chickahominy River. In accordance with the ASMFC moratorium, all river herring must be released unharmed if caught above or below the dam.
See the fishing regulations section on the web at: Fishing Regulations
- Gasoline-powered motors are allowed (no size restriction).
- Walkers Dam: Only rod and reel and hand lines permitted within 500 yards below dam. It is illegal to snag fish at Walkers Dam.