Lake Burke - Regulations
There is a 12-inch minimum size limit on largemouth bass in Burke Lake. Anglers can harvest five bass per day as long as they are 12 inches or longer. Anglers are encouraged to practice catch and release on larger bass, as their value to the fishery can provide enjoyment for the many other anglers that fish the lake.
There is a 30-inch minimum size limit on muskie in Burke Lake. Anglers can harvest 2 muskie per day if they so desire as long as they are 30 inches or longer. Anglers should take into account that the more carefully released legal size muskies, the better the chances will be to catch a trophy in the 20 to 25 pound range in the years to come.
There is a (statewide) 18" minimum size limit on walleye in Burke Lake. Anglers can harvest 5 walleye per day and are encouraged to do so, as they are excellent eating.
There is no size limit on channel catfish in Burke Lake. Anglers can harvest 10 channel catfish per day.
There is no size limit on sunfish (bluegill, redear sunfish, warmouth, etc.) in Burke Lake. Anglers can harvest 50 sunfish (combined) per day. Anglers are encouraged to harvest bluegill in hopes of thinning out the population to allow for increased growth rates and eventually larger bluegill.
There is no minimum size limit on black crappie in Burke Lake. Anglers can harvest 25 black crappie per day.
- Camping, swimming, sailboats, wading, hunting, trotlines and fishing tournaments involving prizes are prohibited. Trapping by permit only.The use of kayaks in Burke Lake is prohibited unless the user is actively engaged in fishing.
- Gill nets, seines and gasoline motors are prohibited except for official Department duties.
- Cast nets are permitted for catching gizzard shad.
- Boat anglers are permitted to use trolling motors on Burke Lake. Anglers with outboard motors on their boats can fish the lake as long as their motor is trimmed/propped up out of the water. The gas tank should be removed from the boat if at all possible or the gas line disconnected.
- Open fires are prohibited.
- Possession of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.