Trout Stocking Schedule
Wildlife Conservation Trout License Plate
Click on the license plate to find out more about the Wildlife Conservationist Trout plate!
VDGIF and Virginia Tech's Department of Fish and Wildlife Conservation have initiated a process to develop a statewide Stocked Trout Management Plan. The Virginia Stocked Trout Management Plan will be designed to provide broad guidance on policies for addressing the complex management challenges and issues related to producing desirable fishing experiences for stocked trout. Learn more »
October 5, 2012
This information will be on the website at the earliest possible time on Monday through Friday, depending on availability of server. You may also call (434) 525-3474 after 4:00 PM for a voice message on those days.
Lake Thompson (Fauquier County) will not be stocked with trout due to low water level.
The week of September 29, 2012:
Counties and localities are in bold.
- Amherst Co.
- Pedlar River (Lower) (10/01)
- Appomattox Co.
- Holiday Creek (DELAYED HARVEST) (10/04)
- Augusta Co.
- South River (Ridgeview Park) (10/04)
- South River (DELAYED HARVEST) (10/05)
- Bath Co.
- Back Creek (10/02)
- Jackson River (Rt. 623) (10/03)
- Back Creek (DELAYED HARVEST) (10/05)
- Bland Co.
- Wolf Creek (10/05)
- Buchanan Co.
- Dismal River (10/04)
- Carroll Co.
- Crooked Creek (10/01)
- Little Reed Island Creek (10/01)
- Frederick Co.
- Clearbrook Lake (10/01)
- Wilkins Lake (10/01)
- Giles Co.
- Wolf Creek (10/03)
- Henry Co.
- Smith River (Lower) (10/02)
- Lee Co.
- Martins Creek (10/01)
- North Fork Powell River (10/01)
- Madison Co.
- Rose River (10/02)
- Hughes River (10/02)
- Montgomery Co.
- Pandapas Pond (10/04)
- Patrick Co.
- Dan River (below Powerhouse) (10/02)
- Rockingham Co.
- South River (Grottoes) (10/04)
- Washington Co.
- Beartree Lake (10/03)
- Wise Co.
- South Fork Powell River (10/01)
Last updated: October 5, 2012