Trout Stocking Schedule
Wildlife Conservation Trout License Plate
Click on the license plate to find out more about the Wildlife Conservationist Trout plate!
VDGIF and Virginia Tech's Department of Fish and Wildlife Conservation have initiated a process to develop a statewide Stocked Trout Management Plan. The Virginia Stocked Trout Management Plan will be designed to provide broad guidance on policies for addressing the complex management challenges and issues related to producing desirable fishing experiences for stocked trout. Learn more »
October 19, 2012
This information will be on the website at the earliest possible time on Monday through Friday, depending on availability of server. You may also call (434) 525-3474 after 4:00 PM for a voice message on those days.
Lake Thompson (Fauquier County) will not be stocked with trout due to low water level.
The week of October 13, 2012:
Counties and localities are in bold.
- Albemarle Co.
- Mint Springs Lake (Upper) (10/13)
- Mint Springs Lake (Middle) (10/13)
- Alleghany Co.
- Clifton Forge Reservoir (10/12 After 4PM)
- Augusta Co.
- Lower Sherando Lake (10/17)
- Dickenson Co.
- Pound River (Flannagan Dam) (10/19)
- Russell Fork River (Bartlick) (10/19)
- Fluvanna Co.
- Hardware River (Delayed Harvest) (10/16)
- Grayson Co.
- Big Wilson Creek (10/18)
- Hales Lake (10/18)
- Madison Co.
- Robinson River (10/19)
- Patrick Co.
- Ararat River (10/19)
- Clarks Creek (10/19)
- Pulaski Co.
- Peak Creek (10/17)
- Roanoke Co.
- Roanoke River (Salem) Delayed Harvest (10/15)
- Roanoke River (Green Hill Park) Delayed Harvest (10/16)
- Roanoke River (City) (10/19)
- Rockbridge Co.
- Maury River (10/19)
- Shenandoah Co.
- Passage Creek (10/16)
- Stony Creek (10/18)
- Smyth Co.
- S. F. Holston River (Lower) (10/13)
- Middle Fork Holston River (Upper) (10/15)
- Staley's Creek (10/15)
- S. F. Holston River (Buller Dam) (10/16)
- Hurricane Creek (10/16)
- Dickey Creek (10/16)
- Cressy Creek (10/16)
- Comers Creek (10/16)
- Tazewell Co.
- Lake Witten (10/16)
- Lincolnshire Lake (10/16)
- Warren Co.
- Passage Creek (Delayed Harvest) (10/16)
- Wise Co.
- N. F. Pound River (Delayed Harvest) (10/17)
- Wythe Co.
- Rural Retreat Lake Pond (10/13)
Last updated: October 19, 2012