Trout Stocking Schedule
Wildlife Conservation Trout License Plate
Click on the license plate to find out more about the Wildlife Conservationist Trout plate!
VDGIF and Virginia Tech's Department of Fish and Wildlife Conservation have initiated a process to develop a statewide Stocked Trout Management Plan. The Virginia Stocked Trout Management Plan will be designed to provide broad guidance on policies for addressing the complex management challenges and issues related to producing desirable fishing experiences for stocked trout. Learn more »
November 9, 2012
This information will be on the website at the earliest possible time on Monday through Friday, depending on availability of server. You may also call (434) 525-3474 after 4:00 PM for a voice message on those days.
Lake Thompson (Fauquier County) will not be stocked with trout due to low water level.
The week of November 3, 2012:
Counties and localities are in bold.
- Albemarle Co.
- Sugar Hollow Reservoir (11/6)
- Augusta Co.
- Upper Sherando Lake (11/8)
- Lower Sherando Lake (11/8)
- Bath Co.
- Douthat Lake & Wilson Creek (11/6)
- Jackson River (Rt. 623) (11/9)
- Carroll Co.
- Lovills Creek (11/3)
- Dickenson Co.
- Cranesnest River (11/6)
- Russell Fork River (Haysi) (11/6)
- Russell Fork River (Bartlick) (11/6)
- Pound River (Flannagan Dam) (11/6)
- Pulaski Co.
- Peak Creek (11/9)
- Rockingham Co.
- Silver Lake (11/6)
- Hone Quarry Lake (11/7)
- Briery Branch Lake (11/7)
- Shenandoah Co.
- Tomahawk Pond (11/5)
- Smyth Co.
- Middle Fork Holston River (Upper) (11/8)
- Staley Creek (11/8)
- Wythe Co.
- Cripple Creek (Route 94) (11/6)
- Rural Retreat Lake Pond (11/8)
Last updated: November 9, 2012