Boating Safety Replacement Cards
Classroom Course Replacement Cards
If the course was a classroom course provided by the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries, your name should be in the Department's student database and we can replace the card. The request for a duplicate card must be in writing to include your full name, address at the time of course completion, birth date, telephone and e-mail (in case we need to contact your regarding your request), and current mailing address. Please fax request to 804-367-0262 or mail to Boating Safety Education, Replacement Card, P.O. Box 11104, Richmond, VA 23230. Due to the large number of requests we are fulfilling, please expect up to 30 days to receive a replacement card. Note, we will provide what we currently use for our classroom courses. If you would like to receive a hard, plastic Lifetime Boating Safety Education card, you may find the application here. One this application, select the choice "I do not have a copy of my course completion document, but I took a DGIF sponsored "Boat Virginia" classroom course. Please check my course completion status in your database".
If the course was provided by the Coast Guard Auxiliary or the U.S. Power Squadrons, contact them to see if their records will allow the issuance of a replacement document. As previously noted, the Department's student database includes many students from Auxiliary and Power Squadrons courses, so you may also check with the Department about a replacement card for these courses as well.
Internet Course Replacement Cards
Internet course students should check with your original course provider, DGIF cannot issue replacement cards for these courses. Internet course providers can be contacted at the telephone numbers below:
- Boat US Foundation 1-800-245-2628
- Boat Virginia Boating Safety Course by Boat Ed 1-800-830-2268
- Virginia Boat Operator's Course by American Boating Education 1-877-677-2628 or in Richmond (804) 559-0187
- Virginia PWC Operators' Course by American Boating Education 1-877-677-2628 or in Richmond (804) 559-0187
- Virginia Boating Safety Course by Boater Exam 1-866-764-2628
- Virginia Boating Basics Online (No Pass No Pay) Nautical Know How 772-528-8606
- PWC Safety School, Delaunay Communications 206-682-3699 (no longer in VA, but they still have records from VA students)
Virginia's Lifetime Boater Education Card
Our Lifetime Virginia Boating Safety Education Card is available to those who meet the boating safety education requirement. This durable, credit card styled card is available for a fee of $10.00.